Tuesday, June 29, 2010

48 • Wisconsin

Wisconsin
This picture is really out of order. This was from Memorial Day weekend -- I agonized over selecting a photo from that weekend to post, and apparently never made a decision!

I actually don't like pine trees very much at all. I mean, I like the green color during winter, but in general, especially in suburbia, I think they always somehow look dirty and unhealthy. But even I love how this photo looks -- and it makes me think about how all it takes is a really close (intimate) look at something to see its beauty. How many people look a disheveled mess on the outside, but begin to shine in our eyes once we speak with them and learn their story, their passions, their hopes, their longsuffering through pain. A good lesson to remind us not simply to "never judge a book by its cover," but to take the time to open the cover and read the book.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment