Tuesday, November 8, 2011

61 • Dark days


Some people I love very much have gotten some very sad news recently. I dug into my archives to find this photo of the fog rolling in near San Francisco. I remember clearly how astounding it was that a perfectly beautiful day could suddenly be overtaken by this monstrous cloud that settled on the earth. Tiny water droplets, so insignificant by themselves, conspired together to hide the blue sky, overshadow the Sun, obscure the very road before us. I pray my dear ones trust that the fog is not limitless, that there is a time and a place not engulfed in its darkness. That they remain certain of the Son, whose light may be now dimmed from view, but is not itself dimmed in any way. Whose light, in the end, will dissipate the fog, will burn it from its weak existence, and will shine on them warmly again. See this picture. Know it is a temporary darkness.

2 comments: